Kategorie: History and sights
The Old Château in Jevišovice was built up by Sezema of Kunštát in 1423 – 1426 and was kept by this family until 1587. In this year the family died out in male tail and the chateau fell upon the princes of Minsterberk. After the Minsterberks had died out in 1649, the Emperor sold the château to one of the most significant personalities of the Jevišovice history – Louis Raduit de Souches. Three decades later he and his descendants finished the rebuilding of the château in the early Baroque style, including the construction of the Chaple of St. Louis. In 1743 the château and all Jevišovice domain passed over to the count family of Ugarte, in 1879 they were replaced by the family of Locatelli. Next owner, in 1916, was a Viennese industrialist, coming from Great Britain, the knight William Offenheim of Pontexin. He considerably modernized the château and the remainer of the domain. In 1939 his descendants sold the château to the count Larisch-Mönich, and in 1945 it was confiscated on the basis of the Beneš decrees.
Nowadays the building of the Old Château is in the custody of the Moravian Museum. There are different museum collections put on display in the interiors of the château.
|Tel.:||671 53+420 515 231 141, +420 607 190 990|