Kategorie: Ecclesiastical sights and pilgrim tourism
The pilgrim Church of Virgin Mary´s Visitation is a dominant feature of the pilgrim precinct in Hluboké Mašůvky. The present form of the church is a result of several reconstructions. Originally there was a wooden little church lying in this locality. The first stone church building was erected by the lord of Jevišovice Raduit de Souches in 1680, and in 1949 – 1953 a present church main nave and a prismatic donjon were built. The surroundings around the church have gone through an amendment too, a cylindrical chaple and a little colonnade at the holy spring below the church were created. Frescos on the church ceiling depicting the Seven Joys of Virgin Mary are the main sight of the church. Every year a series of pilgrimages to the statue of Virgin Mary de Foi takes place here.
Church of Virgin Mary´s Visitation in Hluboké Mašůvky
|Tel.:||+420 515 255 227, +420 515 255 225|